Objective: To expose students to ArchitectureofBhutan,and also to the Symbols and Iconographic philosophies that govern it.
Date: 30.01.2020 to 06.02.2020
No of Students: 64
- To study the historical sites chosen for understanding the various styles of Indian Architecture through several periods of History.
- To understand features of different Architectural styles, Principles of Design involved in these historical monuments like harmony, rhythm, Hierarchy, scale and proportion.
- To analyse the Contemporary structures in the region and to understand the role of architecture as a link between the past and the present.
Date: 29 January to 3 February 2020
No of Students: 117
- To do a comparative study of the vernacular houses from different states.
- To study monolithic structures and Rock-cut temples.
- to understand the elements of space making- Roofs and Columns.
- To understand the architectural, socio- cultural aspects of the temple complex.
- To observe and analyze the proportions, axis, and scale.
Date: 29 January to 1 February 2020
Release of “Vastu Padvika-Series II” and display the student works produced by after the study tour completion
The book "Vastu Padvika-Series II" is a proud Publication by BMS College of Architecture. It is a compilation of all the study tours from BMSCA during June 2018 & Januaray/Feb 2019. Students visited various international and national cities to study Architecture, History, culture, styles etc. During the visit they had documented the places and buildings in terms of sketches and photographs.
The compilation of their works with guidance from faculty members who accompanied the study tour was displayed in the exhibition.
The Exhibition was inaugurated, followed by Book release by Dr. Ravishankar B.V, Principal, BMSCE, Ar. Mukesh Kotak, Design Chair-BMSCA, & Dr. Mamatha P.Raj, Director-BMSCA.
Objective: To explore Contemporary Architecture style and learn about Sustainable methods in practice.
Date: 29th Jan - 2nd Feb 2019
No of Students: 24
Objective: To experience buildings in their context by observing the climatic responsiveness- materials & massing, architectural history and cultural significance of the built forms in the region.
Place: Rajasthan-Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer & Udaipur
Date: 26th Jan - 1st Feb 2019
No of Students: 54
STUDY TOUR Objectives: To expose students to historical, vernacular and contemporary architecture of Spain.
Date: 28th Jan - 5th Feb 2019
Duration: 9 days
No of Students: 33